Are you looking to join an up-and-coming startup? Considering building a startup of your own? Hearing advice, tips and lessons from startup founders and representatives can be an invaluable tool for you, no matter where you are in your thought process.
More than 50 startups were at Northwestern University yesterday for the 2015 Startup Career Fair. We turned to those companies to get their thoughts on things people should think about as they consider joining a startup, or potentially building one of their own.
Here are just a few of their tips. Find more at the link below:
- Be agile and ready to adapt. It’s a very fast moving industry.
- Be open to the experience, growth potential & knowledge base that you’ll get.
- It’s very easy to get caught in the idea phase. It means a lot more to just get out & start doing.
- Have a passion for the vision of the company. That should inspire you to get out of bed every day.
- A willingness to jump into things is important. The people we want to hire demonstrate scrappiness.